Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hope for a New Season~ A very special Collab!

My personal CT member Kara has a disease called Cystic Fibrosis. Before I met Kara, I really didnt know anything at all about this disease. As she and I have become friends and I have watched her deal with the day to day impact of living with an illness like this one, I can tell you that she is truly a special person. This is not an easy disease. It affects about 70,000 people world wide and the majority of them are diagnosed as children. It used to be that people with CF were not expected to live until adulthood. Now, with good medical care, many grow to live full lives. However, many do not. Through Kara, I have been blessed to read about others with this illness and their lives and sometimes their deaths. This is a challenging disease, but one that I hope someday soon science will find a cure for.

Kara also CTs and does a lot for Designs In Digital. As a team, we decided to dedicate our December collab to Kara and the quest to find a cure for CF. We have created a beautiful charity collab called Hope For A New Season. The proceeds from the collab will be donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. This amazing collab contains 50 papers and 78 elements. Also included are CU glitter styles (with glitter sheets for non photoshop users), a template, and an alpha (with upper and lower case letters and bonus strings). I hope you will consider picking this kit up for your scrapping stash and help us to help others this holiday season. If you choose not to pick up the collab, I hope that you will consider donating to help fund CF reasearch- even if its just a couple of dollars.

No comments: