Friday, May 21, 2010

Happenings....

Things have been super busy in our household over the last couple of weeks. We found out at the end of April that we will be having a new addition to the family sometime around Jan. 1, 2011.



To say this was a shock in an understatement, but we are adjusting to the news and are now very excited! We have an office that will have to be converted into a bedroom but first we have to find a home for all of the stuff in the office. And then there is painting and cleaning and all the fun stuff that goes with it.

This pregnancy so far has been very very different from my first. I have had much stronger symptoms this time. The worst has been the morning-afternoon-all-blessed-day sickness! I have tried everything I can think of to feel better. Ginger ale just grosses me out (it was always fine before). I did find some ginger-lemon tea that is helpful. And of course saltines or Ritz crackers can help. The worst thing I tried was some ginger gum. They sell it in the motion sickness aisle at Walgreens. It tastes a lot like cinnamon gum and it burns my mouth.

The best thing was Sea Bands. They work by using pressure points inside your wrists. I look like I am rocking some 1982 sweat bands on my wrists and I still feel nauseated but I am not bowing to the porcelain god nearly as often! They do bother my wrists after a bit so I have to take them off and on as the day goes on but the relief is worth the irritation on my wrists!
Here are some pics. I took them using my phone at work so they arent the best.
My 1980's wristbands- bring on the legwarmers! Oh wait- that stuff is in style again!


After a few hours...


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Well, at least you're getting some relief. Congrats again!

W.C.Camp said...

Congrats on the new baby. All that sacrifice will be worth it someday! I am surprised those bands work at all. Glad that they do but sorry about the redness.
Hang in there. W.C.C.

Side Street Style said...

Oooh congrats...I'm expecting my first on the 21st Sept 2010 (I havn't annouced it yet on blogger) but it's exciting to say the least :)

Laura x