Thursday, August 20, 2009

Butterfly Kisses

I finished up some collab work that was due this week and decided to take some time to scrap. I was going to scrap Jakes first day of school photos, but decided on this one instead. This is one of those pictures that I have wanted to scrap for some time because it represents one of those moments in my life. You know what I mean- one of the brief passages of time where something so special happens that you know you will never forget it as long as you live. Its even more special to me now, as Sunday is the 2 month anniversary of my father's passing. You see, my dad wasnt one to be mushy or to talk about feelings. He was like a lot of dads, I guess. He showed his love by fixing our cars or taking us fishing. But in that moment he looked me in the eyes and said "You made a good choice." I knew he liked my husband, but that confirmation and the meaning in his voice meant the world to me. I cried like a baby that night, and am crying now reliving it here for you.


The journalling is the lyrics to the song Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle. Font is Bulky Refuse Type available from Dafont.com. Kit is Mint Plum available at Scrap Outside the Box.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This is just beautiful. Beautiful story and layout both:)

Lisa said...

What a touching layout. I love the ribbon!