Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update!

Well, I never did get back last night to post the rest of my news!

I did find out that the kids do have electricity. I cannot begin to tell you how much I have worried about them! The ladies from the school board came to pick up the last of our school supplies and I asked one of them how they do it. Her job is to work with families like this one, to help make sure the kids are taken care of and stay in school. I told her that I had visited just one of our applicants to deliver some backpacks and I walked away heartbroken. She said "so you're the one who brought the shoes!" She was the facilitator for this family and she said that the little girls were thrilled to have the new pink shoes. So, since the cat was already out of the bag I asked her about their situation. Its not as bad as it looked from the outside, which still isnt great, but better than I expected.

On the brighter side of life...and my other news... I did not win the Design Star competition. The ladies who did are very talented and deserving and I could not be happier for them. However, I learned a lot. In fact, that I have accepted offers from two stores. Both have requirements that I feel I can handle while working full time and volunteering so I'm going to go for it. I dont think its proper to say who just yet, but when grand opening time rolls around I will be sure to post here along with some freebies! In the mean time, all of this creating has left little time for actual scrapping! I am looking forward to finding a happy medium! I could use someone to help me create some quick pages and layouts for my grand opening celebration. I posted a thread at DSTif you are interested.

Its about time for me to pack up and head home for the day! I cant wait to spend some time with my little boy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your good news Melissa, you'll be great I'm sure!!!

Nikki said...

Congrats! :) It's an honor to be chosen by 2 stores!!!!