Friday, June 17, 2011

Coming out of the closet....

I am a couponer. There I said it. Lately, we have gotten a bad rap from that TV show. You know the one...I don't want to even say the name to give them any more publicity. People using fraudulent coupons and clearing shelves so there is nothing left for anyone else. Using their kids as their little couponing slaves and hoarding so much food they can't possibly use it before it expires.

Okay, rant over. I am not that kind of couponer. I'm the one who is happy to save $15 or $20 off groceries so my husband can have the brand of expensive pickles he likes and we can have some extra treats in the pantry. And I am fortunate to be able to donate to our local homeless shelter the things on their wish list.

I wanted to share with you a couple of places that I go to to find the best deals on stuff:

Vocal Point- they have coupons, samples, and special offers. This morning they sent me coupons for Motts for Tots. http://www.vocalpoint.com/mottsfortots
There are tons of deals to be found on Facebook too! One page I follow is Deal Wise Mommy. Another is Coupon Geek. Both share coupons and great deals to be found around the web and in stores. I know there are tons more- you could make a full time job out of clipping coupons and shopping around. But thats when you fall into that area of being a little bit extreme ;)

No comments: